The official charity of motorcycle racing organisations Dorna and the FIM (Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme), Two Wheels for Life works with the enormous goodwill of the motorcycle community to make sure healthcare reaches people in the poorest and most remote parts of Africa.
We run incredible auctions and events with the help of the riders and teams of MotoGP™ as well as fundraising in other areas of the motorcycle world.
The life-saving programmes we support operate in four African countries; The Gambia, Nigeria, Malawi and Lesotho, ensuring health workers’ vehicles used to deliver vital healthcare run reliably day in, day out.
Hiring: Event & volunteer organiser
This is an exciting role taking over the running of existing (non-MotoGP™) events, working with us to develop new fundraising events and managing our incredible team of volunteers.
The role will involve developing income and awareness of our charity at motorcycle events around the UK primarily but also Europe. The new recruit will attend events, plan fundraising activities, execute set up and take down, and lead a team of volunteers.
About the role
- Hybrid hands-on event and home-working desk based role.
- Managing volunteer recruitment, communicating with volunteers about opportunities throughout the event calendar and organising an annual volunteer get-together.
- Finding new ways to use our volunteer network to amplify awareness and fundraising.
- Planning events, including developing fundraising ideas with the help of the team, communicating with supplies and organisers.
- Creating marketing and promotional materials for the event such as fliers and banners etc.
- Managing volunteers over the course of events such as scheduling their working slots,
- Sending thank yous and following up on new contacts post the event.
- Set-up and take-down of events including driving a van with all even equipment.
- Event fundraising including running live auctions, prize draws, raffles, digital donation etc.
how to apply
Deadline for applications is 15 December at Midday.
To find out more about the role and how to apply, download the pdf below.