We hope you’re well during this unprecedented time. We’re inviting you, your family and friends to take part in The 2.6 Challenge from Sunday 26 April to help to save the UK’s charities.
As you know, the Covid-19 pandemic has had a devastating effect on charities, with the cancellation of thousands of events including MotoGP™ races, our main source of income. This has resulted in an incredible loss in fundraising income throughout the country.
In response, the organisers of the biggest mass-participation sports events across the country have come together to create a new campaign to raise vital funds to help to save the UK’s charities.
The 2.6 Challenge will launch on Sunday 26 April – what should have been the date of the 40th London Marathon, the world’s biggest one-day annual fundraising event.
If you’re planning to participate, we would love for you to fundraise for us. You can find our #TwoPointSixChallenge page here – please be sure to share along with your challenge!
To participate in the 2.6 Challenge, you’ll need to:
- Dream up your 2.6 challenge – if you need help, we have ideas below or you can get more inspiration here
- Head here to donate £26 – or whatever you can afford
- Ask all your friends and family to sponsor you and challenge them to do their own 2.6 Challenge
- Complete your challenge
- Share a photo or video of your challenge on social media with #TwoPointSixChallenge & tag us for a chance to be featured on our feed
For further information on The 2.6 Challenge, including a list of partners and supporters, and for more ideas about what your activity could be, visit twopointsixchallenge.co.uk
Lockdown approved ideas to help inspire you:
- Cycle 2.6 miles or exercise for 26 seconds in your full riding gear
- Cycle 26 miles on an indoor fitness bike
- Decorate your bike & do a 2.6-mile “parade” through your neighbourhood