The Ride-In is a fantastic way to start your Day of Champions. Led by Superbike champions Niall and Taylor Mackenzie the morning will see you cruising through the English countryside with fellow bikers and arriving at Silverstone where you’ll take to the race track on your own bike for a lap or two.
Tickets include breakfast as well as access to the entertainment zone for the full day including the auction, and the race paddock.
Details for Ride-In ticket holders
7.45am – Registration
Registration takes place at Willoughby Café, London Rd, Willoughby, Rugby, Warwickshire (A45) is CV23 8BL.
Arrive at The Willoughby Café, Warwickshire, and park your bike.
You will be directed to our chief marshal Chris Stansfield and the registration team. You will be required to register and collect your wristband and high visibility vest which will allow you entrance onto the track.
After registration you will set off for the start of the Ride in.
The registration process MUST be completed and your wristband and vest MUST be worn at all times on the ride in and is required to take part.
8.45am – Ride-in
The ride in starts at the Super Sausage Café at Watling Street (A5), Potterspury, Nr Towcester, Northampton, NN12 7QD.
The ride-in will leave promptly at 9.00am from The Super Sausage Café at Watling Street, Northamptonshire.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR MOTORCYCLE HAS A FULL TANK OF PETROL TO COMPLETE THE RIDE INTO SILVERSTONE / LAPS ON TRACK.
* The nearest petrol station is 4 miles South of the cafe in Daventry, post code NN11 9DY.
The itinerary for the day is detailed below. Please remember to bring your entrance ticket(s) with
you. It is your responsibility to make sure you are legal on the motorcycle you are riding. No one
will be allowed entrance onto the track without a wristband which will be supplied to all riders
and pillions when you have signed your disclaimer form at the Willoughby café. Please co-operate
with any safety instructions given to you by Silverstone staff. (Please take care to read the
instructions on the front of your ticket and the notices on the reverse.)
If you have registered, you can enjoy a bacon butty and a cup of tea with Niall and Taylor Mackenzie. Before you regroup for the ride to the circuit, you will be briefed about your laps on track by a track official from Silverstone Circuit.
The ride-in to Silverstone Circuit begins, again led by Niall and Taylor Mackenzie.
On arriving at Silverstone Circuit you will be directed onto the track by a Silverstone Official. There may be some queuing at this point, so we ask for your patience. After two laps you will leave the track and be directed to the bike park. You can then enjoy the rest of your day at Day of Champions!
Allocated track time.
1. Full protective clothing MUST be worn, i.e. Full leathers/two-piece suit, gloves, boots and
2. The normal road laws apply on your journey from The Willoughby Café to Silverstone
Circuit please comply with them at all times.
3. The marshals are there for your safety please abide by their instructions at all times.
4. On final route from the Super Sausage Cafe to Silverstone you must stay behind the
marshal line at all times. This is a health and safety requirement from Silverstone Circuit.
Failure to do so will mean you are asked to leave the group before they go on track.
5. The parade laps for the ride-in for 2019 at Silverstone will run with three course cars. The
course cars are there to run the ride-in as safely as possible.
6. The course cars will determine the speed that the ride-in will proceed.
7. Do not overtake the course car at any time.
8. Do not hang back to allow yourself the distance to increase your speed.
9. Please keep a safe distance from the bikes in front of you.
10. At the end of your two laps the leading course car will stop at your exit point to indicate
you must exit the track.
And finally to comply with health and safety regulations please observe this is a track parade not a
track day and you must comply with all instructions given by marshals and officials and ensure no
wheelies or stunts are pulled at any point during the ride-in, on or off the track,– thank you for